So now that you’ve finally decided to quit electronic cigarette smoking, the next thing to do is to find out how to stay healthy.
Now remember, even though you’ve been smoking for how many years, you still have the chance to clean your body and stay healthy. You just have to do it the right way and one step at a time.
Here are some ways that will help you stay healthy and live a much longer and happier life – even after years of smoking.
Breathe fresh air as much as possible
It’s essential that you take time to get fresh, clean air as much as possible. Make sure that fresh air is properly circulated in your home or at your office.
Stay in ventilated areas
You don’t want to stay in places with polluted or smoky air. If possible, stay away from places with smoke and other smokers (while they are smoking). You don’t want to breathe in the bad air because it can put your health at risk.
Keep your surroundings clean
Keep your home and your surroundings clean all the time. Dust off your shelves, books, furniture, and other objects in your home. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean your carpets and get rid of dirt and other particles. Dust can be pretty risky to your health.
Watch what you eat
Now that you’ve quit smoking, you might think that your health is no longer at risk. But that is not the caseyour diet could be just as harmful now as your e-cigarettes were in the past!
There’s a reason that you could be coughing a lot now, even though you’ve already quit e-cigarette smoking, and your diet could be the prime suspect for it. It could be that your coughing is caused by the mucus accumulated in your lungs.
- As such, it would be wise to stay away from any food that prompts mucus production like processed meats, fast foods, dairy products, and frozen convenience foods.
- Your diet should also contain alkaline foods to help improve your healthespecially now that you’ve quit smoking. You should be eating foods like leafy green vegetables, root vegetables, apples, watermelon, oranges, berries, lemons, almonds, bananas, chestnuts, cinnamon, curry, and ginger.
- You may also want to include foods that are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants can help neutralize the effects of toxins on your body and help prevent damage to your organs. Antioxidant-rich foods include green tea, fish, walnuts, artichokes, broccoli, sweet potatoes, blueberries, spinach, grapes, cranberries, and blackberries.
- You can also try to increase the amount of oxygen uptake in your body by adding chlorophyll to your diet. Chlorophyll can help clean your blood and tissues. You can buy chlorophyll supplements and can also find adequate amounts in foods like spirulina, sprouted seeds, juiced wheat grass, and blue-green micro algae.
Get the right amount of exercise.
You need to keep yourself in good physical shape, so you can increase the amount of oxygen uptake in your body and improve your overall health as well. Exercising regularly can also release endorphins (feel-good hormones), these are hormones that generate feelings of pleasure and can relieve pain. Endorphins can help you deal with your urge to smoke again.
A person who’s quit smoking should aim to do at least 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise, or 75 minutes per week of vigorous exercise.
- For moderate aerobic activities, try swimming, gardening, or walking. For vigorous aerobic activities, try to enjoy cycling, dancing, jogging or group sports.
- It’s best if you do these aerobic activities outdoors. Jogging in the woods will help you to relax and improve your health. You can also try yoga, which works wonders for ex-smokers. Yoga offers a lot of benefits which include:
- Efficient breathing. With yoga, you can learn how to practice breathing from your diaphragm. Breathing from the diaphragm expands your lung capacity and strengthens your belly muscles.
- Improved posture. If you can maintain proper posture, you should be able to improve your breathing as well. Your lungs and muscles involved in respiration will have more room to work with, allowing you to breathe normally.
Detoxify your body
Since smoking can leave toxins in your body, it is essential that you detoxify it and get rid of these toxins. Here’s how you can detoxify your body so that you can get healthy.
- Use raw honey. Raw honey contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can help to reduce your coughing significantly. Honey also contains minerals that help in tissue repair.
- Use herbs like cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper helps relieve irritation caused by coughs and sore throats.
Make sure to give yourself time to relax.
Most ex-smokers feel very stressed at all times. They find it hard to deal with the urge to smoke again. Whatever happens, don’t be tempted to smoke again. Try to relax instead. Here are some excellent ways to make you feel relax.
- Meditate. Many people who just quit smoking rely on meditation to deal with the stress and the urge to smoke again. There are a lot of meditation techniques that will help you to feel relaxed, especially when the cravings arise.
- Massage. Getting a massage can help improve lymph circulation in your body and will help your immune system fight toxins left in your body by smoking. Massages also are a great form of relaxation and can help you breath more efficiently.
If you’ve smoked e-cigarettes in the past, and have recently given up, congratulations! You’ve already taken the first step towards living a healthier life. It doesn’t stop there, though, there are many other ways you can improve your health and well-being. Try these as soon as possible and you’ll be able to maintain good health for years to come.
Author – Jason Richie
Jason is an outgoing individual who enjoys an e-cigarette from time to time. Because of his like of Vaping, he loves to write about vaporizers and other products for Ecassoc.org. In his spare time, you’ll see Jason on the water or spending time with friends.