For thousands of years, people are taking salt baths because of their beneficial effects. In 460-370 BC, Hippocrates first found the healing qualities of salt baths and seawater. They saw curing effects on the harmed hands of fisherman. It relieved the hands of the fisherman and controlled the infection. Old Greeks ordered to build seaside resorts to cure skin and other health issues.
In the 16th century, doctors and alchemists proclaimed that salt bath can cure many health problems and it is better than any health spas. In Europe, there are different salt spas from where people can easily get a salt bath. However, if you do not know any salt spas then you can easily take a salt bath at home. Today, we are going to tell you about the Himalayan salt bath recipe. With the help of this recipe, you can with no trouble take a salt bath at your place.
Things to consider
The first thing to consider before taking a salt bath is to check the right ratio of salt to water. According to studies, it is stated that salt concentration has been the same as one of your body fluids. It is important to turn on the osmotic switch ratio. In one gallon of water, 1.28 ounces of salt a is a recommended ratio.
The temperature of water matters a lot. The majority of people take baths that are very hot instead of warm. It is not recommended to have a hot water bath. Hot water can burn your skin or can make your skin dry. However, when you are going to take salt water bath, you have to get the temperature close to body temperature. The temperature of our body is 37° Celsius and 97° Fahrenheit. So, the salt water temperature should be close to this body temperature.
If you want to get full benefits from Himalayan salt water bath then you must take bath for 20-30 minutes. Nevertheless, if you only want to reduce bloating then you can take bath for ten minutes only. After getting out the tub, you have to dry yourself with the towel. There is no need to rinse the Himalayan salt water solution from your skin. Let it be dry on your skin if you want your skin to be healthy and young.
After taking bath, it is recommended that you take rest for half an hour. It is good to have a Himalayan salt bath before going to bed. For better hydration and relaxation, you can drink a glass of water.
If you want to get the perfect recipe of the Himalayan salt bath then you should know the ingredients very well. The ingredients which are used for the Himalayan salt bath are:
- 4-5 drops of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1 Gallon of cool water with ice and lemon
- 1 Cup Himalayan Salt for normal bath OR 2-4 Cups Himalayan Salt for strong bath
- Bowl of ice water and wash cloth
Himalayan salt bath recipe
After getting all the ingredients, it is time to get to know about the recipe of Himalayan salt bath.
- Before taking salt bath, you have to take a shower and wash yourself thoroughly.
- You have to fill your tub with water and keep the temperature of water up to 98-100 degrees. It is recommended that you keep the temperature of water a bit higher than your body temperature. It will make you sweat and also allows for maximum absorption. If you prefer hot baths, then you can enjoy it hot. However, you will still encounter an efficient cleansing.
- You have to dissolve the Himalayan salt crystals completely in your tub. If your salt will remain chunky then you might need to let them sit overnight in a huge pot of water to get completely dissolved. If you are using any sort of essential oils then you have to add them to the running water until your tub completely fills.
- You have to soak your entire body in the tub until you feel comfortable. It is recommended that you take Himalayan salt bath up to 40 minutes. But if you have any heart problem then first consult your doctor.
- You have to keep yourself hydrated. You might not be able to drink an entire gallon of water but it is good to drink two or three glass of water.
- When you are done, you have to drain the tub and then get out of it very slowly. Some people feel weakness after this bath but it is usual so don’t worry.
- Some people used to take shower after taking this detox salt solution bath. Nevertheless, it is better to dry yourself with a towel.
Himalayan salt bath has many benefits although it does not suit some people. If anytime you feel dizzy then you must add cool water to your tub and put a cold washcloth on your head. Also, it is better to keep drinking water while taking bath. If you have any sort of diseases then consult your doctor first to take a Himalayan salt bath.