WHAT IS KRATOM?
You might get clueless when reading the word “kratom.” Kratom comes from the leaves of a member of the mitragyna speciosa family. It is a tree, and its leaves are used as a recreational drug and as medicine or tea. The leaves of Kratom can be chewed, and dry kratom can be taken as pills. To make many liquid products Kratom extract can be used.
The liquid form is sold as a treatment for joints pain, or to bad appetite. Kratom liquid can also be used as a treatment to stop cramps and diarrhea. Kratom is also used as a treatment for panic disorders. Excessive dosage of kratom can be harmful to human health.
Some after effects effect of kratom:
Kratom has many adverse side effects if taken as high dosage and continued for a long period of time. Some short and long-term kratom side effects may include:
Short-term kratom side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Excessive urination
Long-term kratom side effects:
- Hyperpigmentation on the skin, most probably on the cheeks
- Bad appetite
- Dryness in mouth
KRATOM AND PREGNANCY
Some main question that comes to every women mind who is interested in taking Kratom pills or tea during their pregnancy are “will kratom affect their pregnancy? Or is Kratom bad for their health? Or can Kratom cause miscarriage?” Pregnant women should not use kratom during their pregnancy period it may have many negative effects on the pregnant women and the baby.
KRATOM FETOTOXIC IN NATURE
Some drugs are prohibited to be taken during pregnancy as they are teratogenic and fetotoxic in nature that can risk the pregnancy. For all these kind of drugs that can cross the placental barriers and have a small size that can actually pass from the maternal circulation to the fetal circulation, such drugs are harmful to pregnant women. Such drugs are prohibited during pregnancy due to their harmful nature
IN WHAT WAYS KRATOM INTAKE CAN BE HARMFUL to PREGNANT WOMEN?
Kratom has alkaloids which can affect growth and fetus. Kratom is a drug that can cause physical and psychological dependence. Kratom could bring changes in the maternal circulation. Kratom gives the same effects as coffee, as coffee is prohibited for pregnant women during their pregnancy period. The changes that are caused by kratom includes vasoconstriction of the maternal vessels that results in less oxygen supply, less nutrition supply, and waste substances and not properly exerted by the fetus.
WILL TAKING KRATOM CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS?
Kratom acts as an opiate for the pregnant women. Excessive use of kratom can result in birth defects for the child. Kratom can cause many birth defects in the newly born child. Using kratom during pregnancy can be dangerous for the mother and the baby both.
If the pregnant mother takes kratom, it can cause severe withdrawal symptoms in the child after birth, just like in the case of alcohol consumption during pregnancy. It can cause excessive fluid in the baby’s brain, glaucoma, abdominal wall issues, heart defects, and spina bifida. The major defects seen in children are less growth and retardation of mental health.
Well, if you’re looking to buy Kratom you can go for it manually or you can buy it online. Wekratom is a trusted source where you can buy all types of kratom.
Some basic withdrawal symptoms of kratom on women during pregnancy:
- Constipation – Kratom usage during pregnancy can provoke to morning sickness while some women also complain of being constipated while using Kratom during pregnancy.
- Liver toxicity – The major problem with kratom use in pregnancy is liver toxicity. When kratom is metabolized in the liver, there is a possibility that it can cause severe liver disorders in the fetus. During the first trimester of pregnancy, women should not take any herb or medicine, because that is the time period when the neuron system of the detus is developing. It highly recommended that women should stop taking Kratom or any other herb when they finally decide to have a baby. Most of the time women are not even aware of their pregnancy and get to know about their pregnancy usually after they miss their first period.
- Irritability and Weakness- Usage of kratom during pregnancy can make women irritated all the time, and she may feel tired most of the time. It is highly recommended not to take kratom during pregnancy because you are not just responsible for your life; you are also fulfilling to the needs of the baby in your womb that relies on you for its diet.
- Nausea – The feeling of nausea could be seen more in pregnant women due to the use of kratom.
KRATOM AND MISCARRIAGES
Many cases are found of miscarriages due to kratom. Kratom acts as an opiate. The females that are addicted to this drug may face miscarriage. High dosage of kratom can cause depression, stress and anxiety in pregnant females that is not good for the mother and baby and it leads to miscarriages.
HOW TO DISCONTINUE KRATOM DURING PREGNANCY
To avoid such circumstances, you need to avoid taking kratom during your pregnancy period. If you want to stop it gradually, then you may face the withdrawal symptoms. Start decreasing the dosage slowly, exactly the way you started taking them.
Many herbs are allowed to be taken during pregnancy, and they are considered to be good for the unborn baby’s health. However, some of the herbs are needed to be avoided as well. Kratom is included in those herbs that should be avoided during pregnancy
Some herbs are not good for your baby’s health. However, many should be avoided as well. For a woman, her pregnancy period is the most beautiful time for her life and should be careful about you and your baby’s health.
If you have any queries regarding herbs and medicines, it is best to consult it with your doctor to receive and take the best of everything for your child. It’s always considered to be safe than sorry. So, be careful about your diet and go to your doctor after every three weeks. And have a safe pregnancy.
Usman Raza is a freelance writer, marketing specialist at PSDtoWPService.com and co-founder of Usman Digital Media. When not working, he’s probably spending time with his family. Follow him on Facebook @usmanraza40 and Twitter @usmanintrotech.