Unwanted hair is always a nuisance for most people, and women in particular, spend a lot of time and money trying to get rid of the same. for years, women and at times, even men have spent time shaving, waxing and using hair removal creams to get rid of unwanted hair on various parts of the body, but the fact is that the when hair is removed by such methods, it will regrow in a matter of time.
However, when someone is looking for a method by which, hair can be removed permanently, then laser hair removal is perhaps the best choice. Over the past few years, this method has become extremely popular and is being opted for by not only celebrities, but also the common people. Even though the procedure is slightly expensive, the results make the expense worthwhile.
Before you jump up and decide that you need to get your hair removed by laser as well, there are some important questions that you need to ask. If you are planning to have the treatment right before your wedding, then you need to know if there will be any side effects, such as redness or swelling. In case you are off for a holiday on a sun kissed beach, then you need to know whether you can be out in the sun, immediately after the procedure. Your requirement will determine, when you need to get the procedure done, and this will prove to be very important question.
While you might have made up your mind that you need to get your laser hair removal done, as soon as possible, you need to understand that this is not a procedure that is done randomly and at every local salon. You need to locate the best clinic or salon, where you can get the procedure done – ideally, you should look for a place that specializes in laser hair removal, because they will be best equipped for the procedure. How long they have been in business and how many experts they have performing these procedures will also help you make the right decision.
However, the 7 most important questions that you need to ask z include:
- Is this procedure right for me: This is perhaps the first and most important question that you need to ask, because laser hair removal does not work for everyone. The procedure actually works best for people who have fair skin along with thick dark hair. Even if you have dark skin, the procedure will work, although you might have to sit through more sessions. However, if you have light skin with light hair, the chances of the procedure working for you, are minimal.
- What kind of technology will be used – The world of science and technology is changing drastically, and there are no techniques and machines being invented on an almost daily basis. Chances are that between the time you completed your research on the areas treated with laser hair removal to the time you step into the clinic, there is a new method or machine in the market. You need to make sure that you have access to the best of them all – the quality of the laser is of course of utmost importance and you need to make sure that you choose the best. Rather than saving money and opting for the less expensive laser, go for the better one, even if you have to shell out a little more.
- How many sessions will be needed – It is essential for you to understand that all your hair will not disappear in a single session – you will need multiple sessions to see the drastic hair loss that you are expecting. As a matter of fact, the actual efficacy of the procedure will be visible based on the frequency and the quality of the laser being used. If a clinic tells you that an exact number of sessions, chances are that there is something wrong, because the actual number of sessions will depend on the results after each one. Your hair and skin type will also decide the number of sessions you will need.
- Will there be any downtime after each session – In general, there is no downtime as such with laser hair removal, because you should be able to return to your normal routine immediately. However, you will be asked to pay close attention to the areas where the laser has been used, because if there is any swelling or redness, you will need to return to the clinic immediately. You will be asked to avoid direct sunlight, intense heat, very tight clothing and perfumes for about 48 hours.
- Is there any preparation required from my end – There might not be a lot of precautions or preparations that you will have to make, however, you might be asked to avoid caffeine a day in advance, because it could make you really sensitive. You will be asked to wear loose clothes, because that will allow your skin to breathe post procedure. In addition, you should not wax for at least a fortnight before the procedure, because the hair needs to be visible for the technician to work.
- Are there any side effects – As is the case with any procedure, there is always the chance of side effects, and even though laser hair removal is known to be extremely low risk, there could some itching or redness. Some people have also complained about irritation and swelling, and in extremely rare cases, there have been complaints about discolouration, scars and burns. While some redness and irritation is normal, if it persists for more than 48 hours, you need to head back to the technician.
- What will it cost – The laser hair removal cost will also be something that you will need to find about, well in advance. The cost will vary from city to city, the expertise of the technician, the equipment being used and of course the number of sessions you need. The particular part of the body you want hair removed from, how dense the hair growth is in the area will also determine the final billing.
All said and done, when you calculate the handful of laser hair removal sessions and stack those up against the amount of time and money you will spend on other methods of hair removal, such as waxing, shaving or hair removal creams, you will realize that the former is the better choice!