Do you want to lead a healthy and happy life? Then take a look at the following habits that can bring you an overall sense of wellbeing.
- Maintain A Balanced Diet
Yes, we all listen to these same set of words on a daily basis. Ever wondered why? Because it is crucial to get the needed nutrient in your body. Overall, if you consume a well-balanced diet, you will be healthier.
A balanced diet can aid in growth, weight control, reduced risk of illness and better energy levels.
- Break A Sweat
According to the American Heart Association, it is vital to do at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercises five days every week. Remember, the healthiest people always indulge in some form of physical activity on a consistent basis.
If you are a busy bee like me, you can consider setting up a home gym. This way, you will get the benefits of incline bench within the comfort of your home. You can also choose to take up a martial art or yoga. This can help in relaxing your mind and body.
According to the British Nutrition Foundation, women should drink eight glasses and men should drink ten glasses of water daily.
Have a reusable water bottle near you all the time. This way, you will not forget to drink water.
- Have A Good Mindset
Healthy people are positive people. They start and finish their days with positive thoughts. So, if you have a proper mindset, it will help you grab the opportunities you get and also recover easily from setbacks. Practicing gratitude and mindfulness can make you happier and satisfied.
- Cook At Home
When you are cooking for yourself, you are under the ultimate control of portion sizes and ingredients. It is important to recognize that those who cook at home are more likely to consume fewer sugars, fewer carbohydrates, and fewer calories. Home cookers will also be able to make much healthier choices.
- Bike Or Walk Instead Of Taking The Car
Do you drive every day to work? Then, it’s time to change your routine. People who walk to their offices instead of taking the car are reportedly said to have more energy, feeling of well-being and reduced levels of stress. Moreover, you are doing your overall health a favor. Also, you can save money and contribute to promoting thing our environment.
- Eat Mindfully
When we were children, our parents would have advised us to finish the meal that is served. But, that can apply no longer. According to studies, it is better to keep your stomach full at 80%. This can help in easing the digestion process and is also said to increase longevity.
- Shield Yourself From The Sun
Being at your desk without natural sunlight can be harmful to the body. Sunlight helps in getting Vitamin D which is known to help in combating depression and promoting bone health. But, this doesn’t mean that you should soak up the sun without any protection.
Ensure that your moisturizer contains sunscreen or ensure that you apply a light layer of sun protection. This will help you protect against aging and combat against harmful diseases like skin cancer. Even though wrinkles might not be a concern now, it will be when age takes its toll.
- Begin Your Day With A Glass Of Lemon Water
It is said that lemons can be of great help in benefiting your health. It is important to notice that lemons contain vitamin C in abundance.
Moreover, It contains other vital nutrients like calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous. If you start your day with a glass of lemon water, it can help you flush out the harmful toxins in your system. Also, lemons will be of great assist in maintaining the PH balance of your body.
- Drink Red Wine
Red wine contains antioxidants called polyphenols which can reduce the risk of heart diseases. Other benefits are longevity, improved immunity, and better cognitive function. This beneficial booze can also help you get slim, lower the cholesterol, and fight off cold.
- Many studies have pointed out to the fact that longevity is very much connected with sleep. Sleep gives you the time to repair and rest your body. It gets you ready to start the day. So, ensure that you get 7 hours of sleep daily.
- Skip the elevator and take the stairs. This will make sure that your heart rate keeps going and will help you be full of energy. It’s a great habit, and you will be able to witness progress in stamina and strength over time.
- “Eat like a King in the morning, a Prince at noon, and a Pauper at night.” Ever heard this saying? Well, it is true to an extent. Ensure that you do not overeat at night. This way, your digestion will be easier, and you will have a good sleep. Moreover, the chances of bloating and constipation are less if you do not overeat at night.
- Ensure that you add green leafy vegetables to your diet. You can add them to your smoothie or salads. The fiber in these veggies will fill you up. It will help in providing essential minerals, vitamins, and energy.
- Many of us purchase ‘ready to eat’ processed foods. But, do we go through the ingredients list? If you find unnecessary additives in your food item, then it is better to say no to it. Stick to food items with natural ingredients and preservatives.
- Taking cold showers can have various health benefits. This includes weight loss, increased alertness, better muscle recovery, and a boosted immune system. It can also help in combating stress and even depression.
The tips listed above will be of great help in leading a healthy, organized and happy life. Also, ensure that you take decisions after considering the requirements of your body when it comes to diet and sleep. After all, each person’s body is different and may react differently.