We all know that a huge number of people around the world have a problem with their weight. This could be about health and a longer life, but also physical appearance, the good looks. People often tend to blame their metabolism for being overweight, either regarding how they look or their bad health condition. Weight loss is very challenging for most people and not many of them achieve the expected results. Research has shown that around 50 million Americans go on a diet each year and only 5 percent of them manages to lose weight and to keep it off.
What is Metabolism?
Metabolism is actually a term for all chemical reactions in a living organism which create and break down all the energy necessary for life and functioning or to simplify, it is the rate at which body expands energy and burns calories.
There are several ways in which human bodies burn calories:
- Through exercise
- Through Nutrition
- Everyday activities;
- Through basic metabolic rate or BMR (the energy which keeps the body functioning at rest)
Weight loss methods:
While some people respond well to counting calories or similar restrictive methods, in order to control or decrease their weight, others prefer having more freedom in planning their weight-loss programs. Combining one ore more of the methods below can be your optimum solution.
1. Nutrition and weight loss
Before Discussing how to lose weight we must first know what is important to nourish your body. Nutrition is very important when we talk about metabolism. Nutrients provide the human body with energy (through calories) and with the necessary chemicals that the body itself cannot synthesize.
Major natural sources of energy:
- Carbohydrates (rice, bread, wheat, potatoes, pasta etc.)
- Vitamins and minerals (fish, beef, fruit, dairy products, vegetables, sunflower seeds)
- Proteins (eggs, milk, soybeans, vegetables, meat, and grains).
These are all important for your health and necessary in order for the organism to function right.
A certain diet is right for you only if you will be able to stick with it over time.
There are many popular diets that are proven to be effective, here are few examples:
- Mediterranean Diet
For instance, the Mediterranean diet is very popular and slowly becoming known as the worlds healthiest diet because it includes vegetables, lean proteins, and olive oil. It is considered to prevent depression, cancer, and improve your cardiovascular health.
- MIND Diet
The MIND diet, that combines the Mediterranean Diet and the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) Diet, is focused on boosting your brain health so it encourages you to eat healthier foods like leafy greens, fish, olive oil, seeds, nuts etc.
- Zone Diet
The Zone diet is a diet which aims to create a nutritional balance of 40% carbohydrates, 30% proteins and 30% fats in every meal.
This diet consists of high-quality fats and carbohydrates, such as avocado, olive oil, and nuts. Also, the focus is on controlling the insulin levels, which could possibly result in more successful body weight control and weight loss.
- Raw Food
Raw food diet is based on obtaining many nutrients in a matter of easy digestion. Purposes of this diet, besides losing weight, are: improving heart health, preventing nutrient deficiencies, lowering the number of carcinogens and increase the amount of antioxidants in your diet, improving more dietary fiber, helping with optimal liver function, preventing or treating constipation.
2. Natural supplements and their roles in losing weight
Aside from all the big number of different diets, there are also many natural supplements, known as ”fat burners” or appetite suppressants that contribute to the process of losing weight, or in some cases, do all the work without you having to work for it.
These products can also be called thermogenic. Basically, their role is to help the body burn stored body fat, by using the fat reserves as the source of energy. Fat burning supplements, such as ‘diet pills’ are claimed to be very efficient in increasing your weight loss, or at least give your body more energy and decrease your appetite.
Since eating clean and exercising regularly takes a lot of work and effort, some people find it easier and more convenient to find the prescription diet medications to make it easier to eat less and control their weight.
These supplements work on 3 principles which include:
- Reducing appetite to eat fewer calories
- Reducing absorption of the fats
- Increasing fat burning by burning more calories
Here are some of the most popular supplements and weight loss pills:
- Hydroxycut is considered to be one of the best and most popular weight loss supplements in the world. It is the mostly well-known line of all popular thermogenic fat burners in the last decade. The products of this type mostly contain certain ingredients such as caffeine, green tea, plant extracts. This particular line of fat burner supplements is famous for having multiple ingredients and various combinations of ingredients in the brand. In this line of products, many variations and forms are available, such as powder and pills.
- Arctic Ruby Oil is a product that is structured to provide the body with nutrients for the guarantee of better overall health. However, this supplement is also capable of helping with burning the fat. This supplement gives you good results in losing your weight, while at the same time helps keep and improve your general health. This is an all-natural supplement rich with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants such as Omega 3 fatty acids. These natural ingredients give this product advantage over others.
- Raspberry Ketone is a natural substance, as well. It is found in raspberries and that is what gives them their strong scent. It is also found in other fruits, such as kiwi, cranberries, and blackberries. However, the raspberry ketones in supplements are not natural and they are produced synthetically via industrial processes. A research showed results that affirmed its effectiveness, firstly, because it increased lipolysis – breakdown of fat, but also it made the fat cells release a bigger amount of the hormone adiponectin, which helps regulate the metabolism and blood sugar levels.
- Glucomannan is a certain type of fiber which is found in the roots of elephant yam,also called konjac plant. The way it works and affects weight loss is that it improves digestion, suppresses appetite, supports healthy cholesterol and promotes weight loss This supplement should be used about half an hour before meals, with a glass of water.
- Meratrim is a supplement made from a blend of two plant extracts, from a fruit and a flower. The fruit extract in the formula is called Garcinia mangostana, and the flower is Sphaeranthus indicus. It is claimed to work by making it hard for cells to multiply, decreasing the fat they pick up from the bloodstream and that way help burn the stored fat. It is relatively new on the market and is recommended to be used with some additional dieting (maximum od 2,000 calories a day) and 30-minute walks for five days each week.
Many people struggle with their weight throughout their lives. There are many ways to fight obesity or a simple few extra kilograms. Firstly, people need to learn about the food they eat in order to know how to improve their health and the daily intake of healthier food and nutrients. There are many diets that include decreasing and totally excluding the intake of unhealthy fats and carbohydrates, diets that imply the necessity of more physical effort and activity and exercise. All of these factors are crucial in weight loss, but luckily, many supplements for fat burning have been invented and produced, to make it easier for people to lose the extra weight to be healthier, or simply to feel better about them selves.
Some of the supplements are all-natural, and yet some are synthetically structured and chemically produced. However, all of them have shown good results at least a few times, and some of them are even popular worldwide thanks to their structure and good ingredients.