Nothing wreaks havoc for women as much as the wrinkles do. We all do look at the mirror to check we are actually aging. Even though a natural process, none of us want to age. This makes some of us choose a more drastic way to slow down aging like Botox injections but not all of us need to go to that extent. Nature has given us plenty of superfoods that can help to promote skin health and provide anti-aging benefits.
Aging process is inevitable and there is no way to put a stop to this natural process, however, there are several external factors that contribute to unwanted fold appearing on your face and skin. An unhealthy lifestyle takes its toll on your skin.
Most common external causes of poor skin health include:
- Sun damage
- Exposure to UV light
- Lack of sleep
- Lower growth hormone
Superfood we are about to list will definitely help you to tackle the dreading wrinkles and age lines. But for maximum benefits, you should make lifestyle changes that encourage skin health. Keeping your body hydrated and exercising enough nourishes skin as more oxygen and nutrients reach the skin.
Diet has a vital role to play in skin health, you cannot expect to have a wrinkle-free face if you trash your skin with the wrong food. Anti-oxidant rich diet helps your face and waist alike.
Here are the top face-friendly superfoods you need to include in your diet.
- Avocados – Natural oils contained in avocados are rich in vitamins that keep your face rejuvenated by nourishing it. This superfood also helps you to flush the toxins out of your body and act as a natural treatment for acne. For most vibrant and youthful face skin try the avocado mask.
- Cold Water Fish – When we talk about superfoods, cold water fish is a must have on the list. Rich in DMAE, fish like salmon have the essential nutrient that resists the appearance of fine lines and fight sagging on the face. With natural anti-inflammatories, the cold water fish helps in fighting heart diseases, improves memory and lowers cholesterol.
- Carrots – Vitamin A is the secret behind the anti-mark benefit of eating carrots. Rich in beta-carotene carrots prevents your skin from developing unwanted creases. This superfood also promoted the production of collagen helping in the generation of younger skin. You can eat them raw, boil them or just drink them, but you gotta have them!
- Green Tea – If you find yourself often out in the sun, then you need green tea to protect your skin from UV radiations. A powerful polyphenol antioxidant present in green tea protects you from sun radiation by allowing skin cells to regenerate at a much faster rate. Also, this superfood is rich in vitamin C that helps with collagen production.
- Olive Oil – You can ditch fat and other saturated oils and switch to olive oil entirely for a healthy skin. Other than that, you can apply olive oil on your skin to make it blemish-free and healthy. It is a natural cleanser and moisturizer that suits all skin types. You won’t have to spend a fortune on face creams if you stick with olive oil nourishment.
- Honey – For ages, honey is been used as a natural cleanser for skin. If you want to slow down the aging of your facial skin then a honey mask is all you need. Adding a teaspoon of honey every morning in your tea or warm water will keep your skin fully hydrated and smooth. It also makes your skin naturally vibrant.
- Pomegranate – Women can dramatically reduce the signs of aging on their face by drinking a glass of pomegranate juice every day. Just like other superfoods, pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that stop the production of free radicals making skin youthful.
- Tomatoes-rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant, tomatoes helps you fight several skin diseases. Furthermore, the antioxidants present in this superfood ward off the free radicals, a major wrinkle-causing component in the body. Include tomatoes in your salad as they are most nourishing when eaten raw.
- Yogurt – Rich in the L. acidophilus bacteria, yogurt is helpful in fighting wrinkles, blemishes and folds that appear along the face. You can also try kefir as it contains 3 times more probiotics than yogurt that keeps your immune system strong and healthy, making you naturally beautiful.
- Peaches – This superfood fight aging on many fronts. It protects skin from UV rays, removes dark circles below the eyes and minimizes the production of free radicals. Also, peaches are a great source of magnesium, potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Vitamin C. They regenerate skin tissue making skin tight and smoother.
- Nuts – For a beautiful and glowing skin, walnuts are a big yes. They contain essential omega-3 fatty acids that make your skin fairer naturally. This superfood also helps in fighting fatigue and drowsiness by lowering bad LDL cholesterol levels. A handful of nuts like almonds, walnuts, peanuts and pistachios will keep you energized as well as youthful.
- Blueberries – Loaded with some of the most powerful antioxidants, blueberries prevent long-term cell damage keeping skin healthy. Also rich in vitamin C, this superfood cleanses your skin and keeps it smooth. Just add a handful of berries to your breakfast, lunch or dinner and reap the anti-aging benefits.
- Supplements– At times, poor skin health can be a sign of lowered growth hormone in the body. To boost natural growth hormone secretion, you can use arginine or GABA supplements that are potent amino acids. Boosting growth hormone will result is efficient cell regeneration, collage reproduction, fat reduction and enhanced immunity. HGH supplements are used as anti-aging solutions by celebrities. Oral supplements like GenF20Plus which is #1 rated HGH supplement can help you kick-start growth hormone production.
Keep your diet healthy
A healthy diet is all you need and not Botox injections to control those wrinkles and folds. Including antioxidant-rich superfoods in your diet will naturally make your skin smooth and wrinkle-free.
Make necessary lifestyle changes, exercise, drink more water and keep smiling, you will not have to worry about wrinkles anymore.