Banana & Berries Porridge
A healthy duo of broken wheat and oats with fruits like banana and berries, this good breakfast recipe is full of flavor and truly enticing. Stir-frying broken wheat and oats beforehand will lessen their raw smell, whilst the secret ingredients of cinnamon powder and fruits add to more of its flavour and scent. Banana and Berries Porridge is a perfect idea to kick off your day. It will not only give you a lot of energy, but also bursting with calcium, protein, fibre, and all nutrients you require.
¼ cup broken wheat, washed and drained
¼ cup rolled oats
1 cup sliced banana
½ cup sliced berries
1 cup low-fat milk
1 cup water
1 tsp low-fat butter
1 tbsp powdered sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- Heat up butter in a saucepan. Add in broken wheat and stir-fry over low heat for just about 1 – 2 mins.
- Stir in oats and stir-fry over low heat for 3 mins.
- Pour in milk and 1 cup water, mix well, and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add in sugar and cinnamon powder, mix well, and let it cool awhile.
- Freeze it up for no less than 1 hour.
- Add in banana and apples and mix well before serving
- Top it off with raisin or other fruits. Serve it.
Banana Berries Granola
Having no time for breakfast preps? This creamy-crunchy good breakfast recipe will be standing by in less than 5 mins. Swap bananas or raspberries for blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or peaches.
1 cup mixed blueberries and raspberries
1 medium banana, sliced
1 container low-fat Greek-style yogurt
1 cup granola
Arrange banana, mixed berries, yogurt, and granola successively in tall glasses and serve it right away.
Eggs Benedict Florentine with Spinach & Tomatoes
Pride yourself on your cooking skills with this delightful good breakfast recipe. Non-fat Greek yogurt is a healthier substitution for creamer regularly utilized as a part of this breakfast top choice.
1 cup spinach
⅓ cup fat-free Greek-style yogurt
¼ cup tomatoes, sliced
2 English muffins (halved), half-toasted
Fresh coliander leaves, thinly chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of salt
- Heat up olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted.
- Mix in yogurt and tomatoes. Stir in ¼ cup into spinach and remove it. Cover up to keep it warm.
- For the moment, heat up a medium saucepan containing water to a boil over high heat. Pour in vinegar and salt, and turn down heat to low. Crack an egg into batches and lightly flick the egg into the water. Do again with the remaining 3 eggs. Cover and simmer, shaking up the pan a couple of times, for 4 to 6 mins for a soft-cooked yolk or until the whites completely set and its yolks get thicken.
- Arrange toasted English muffin. Spoon out spinach to muffin. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, and sap over paper towels (still in the spoon), before piling up on spinach.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp of poaching liquid into yogurt mixture. Spoon evenly over each egg and sprinkle some pepper over the top. Top off with coliander leaves.
Potatoes Bacon Cheese Casserole
Although this dish will keep you stuffed as main dish, you can also serve smaller portions of this creamy, cheesy casserole aside from scrambled eggs. You will love the way the classic melted spreadable cheese mix over the casserole. Swap spreadable cheddar with other type of cheese if you cannot find this product.
6 bacon slices
1 potatoes, chopped or sliced
1 cup shredded spreadable cheese, divided
1 can low-fat cream of mushroom soup, with no added water
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup green onions, chopped
½ cup low-fat sour cream
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Stir-fry bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Discharge bacon from pan, and cut to pieces. Add 1 cup onion and garlic to pan; cook for 3 mins or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in potatoes; cover and cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in crumbled bacon, ¼-cup cheese, green onions, sour cream, salt, pepper, and soup in a large bowl. Stir in potato mixture to combine well. Spoon mixture into a baking dish greased with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup cheese. Cover it up with foil smeared with cooking spray. Freeze it up for 8 hours or during the night.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Take out casserole from fridge. Let it remain at room temperature for 15 mins. Bake casserole, cover it up at 350º for around 30 mins. Uncover and bake for 30 mins more or until fizzing around edges and cheese begins into lightly golden brown.
Super Quick Green Fritters
A super quick, simple, and healthy good breakfast recipe that will keep you stuffed until lunch, with secret ingredients of eggs and green veggies, like zucchini and broccoli, or you can swap them with other choices of veggies.
3 medium eggs
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk scallion, chopped
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 cup broccoli florets, thinly chopped
Small pack dill, roughly chopped
3 tbsp gluten-free flour or rice flour
2 tbsp canola oil, for frying
- Squeeze zucchini to remove any excess moisture, or tip onto a clean tea filter and twist it to wring out its moisture.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl. Stir in broccoli, zucchini, dill, scallion, onion, and mix well. Add in flour, mix again, and season it.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick frying pan. Put a large serving spoon of the mixture in the pan, and then add 2 more spoonfuls to make 3 fritters. Leave for 3-4 mins on a medium heat until golden brown on one side and solid enough, then turn over and let it cooked until lightly golden on the other part. Do it again to make 3 more fritters (no need to add any more oil to pan after the first batch). Spread out with the remaining dill to serve.
Low-Fat Frittata with Smoked Salmon and Scallions
Try this quick, healthy good breakfast recipe when you have enough time in the morning. None will ignore bagels once they savor the heady scent of fresh herbs and olive toppings that make this dish intriguing.
6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
200gr thinly sliced smoked salmon
6 large egg whites
4 large eggs
2 tsp olive oil
¼ cup cold water
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
¾ cup black olive
- Preheatoven to 350°F.
- Heat up ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat around 1 minute. Add in oil and heat up 20 seconds. Stir in scallions and sauté, swirling occasionally with spatula, just about 2 mins or until soft.
- Mix in egg whites, eggs, water, dried basil, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk to blend. Season it with freshly ground black pepper. Pour mixture into pan and lay salmon on top. Cook, stirring periodically, around 3 mins or until set in part.
- Move pan to oven and cook 12 to 15 mins or until firm, golden, and puffed. Take it out from oven. Use spatula to pull out frittata from pan. Smoothly slide onto warm serving platter, slice, and top off with black olive to serve.
Carrot-Scallion Corn Muffin
Treat your taste to a fresh good breakfast recipe in the morning with these fat-free muffins. Keep extras in the freezer and thaw them out the night before for a quick, busy morning or snack!
1 large carrot, roughly grated
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1½ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup whole grain pastry flour
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1/3 cup canola oil, divided
1¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
2 tsp brown sugar
¾ cup canned corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- Pre heat oven to 350°F. Smear 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Warm up 2 Tbsp canola oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add in grated carrot and cook, stirring, 5 mins or until tender. Stir in scallions. Let it cook, stirring about 1 minute or until softened. Displace from heat and let cool around 5 mins.
- Stir together flour, cornmeal, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and black pepper in large bowl. In medium bowl, whisk in egg, egg whites, yogurt, sugar, and remaining ¼ cup oil. Fold in bell pepper mixture and corn. Add into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for around 25 to 30 mins or until golden brown. Let it cool in a pan on wire rack just about 5 mins. Take out muffins from pan to cool entirely on wire rack.