You may like to take on heart healthy eating routine, yet doubtful how and where to set it off. One step to go on is to make a meal plan on daily basis that highlights on veggies, fruits and whole grains and restricts high-fat products, (like red meat, cheese and baked stuffs) and high-sodium items (canned or processed products).
Heart Healthy Diet Plan offers an ideal healthy diet program, bursting with nutrient-rich stuffs you require mainly for those who have cardiovascular disease or those planning to put off its growth.
Heart Healthy Diet Plan: Planning Daily Meal Plan
Heart healthy diet plan does not have to be tricky as you ever thought. Below are samples of heart healthy menu on a daily basis. You can make slight change to this menu if you like.
Scrambled Eggs with Veggies
1 cup Skim Milk
1 glass Orange Juice
1 Cup Papaya
Grilled Salmon with steamed Watercress
1 slice Whole-wheat toast
Low fat Cheese Slice
Celery stalks with Guacamole Dips
Walnut-Crusted Fish Fingers
Steamed Broccoli with Parmesan
Cucumber & Carrot Salad
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Orange, medium
1 slice Banana bread with Dried Fruits
1 Cup Watermelon
Hot Spicy Turkey Curry & Lettuce Wraps
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Cup Fresh Pineapple
2 Tbsp Fat-free low sodium Hummus
½ cup Carrot Sticks
1/2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
Stir-fry Tempeh with Green beans
1/2 Cup Steamed Kale
1 Cup Mixed green
2 Tbsp Low Calorie Guacamole Dressing
Heart Healthy Diet Plan: Cooking for Your Delight
You may wonder of what trully makes your recipe heart healthy one. It implies that all the ingredients you include in your heart healthy diet plan are perfect and healthy for your heart. According to the previous article about heart healthy grocery list, you will find olive oil, nuts, and even choco in these recipes. It could also means that heart healthy foods are low in unhealthy fat and sodium. So grab your heart healthy recipes and let us get cooking!
Roasted broccoli and carrot quiche
In this heart healthy diet plan recipe, broiling veggies will boost its taste and draws out its pure juicy sweetness. If you do not have either broccoli or carrot for this recipe, you can swap with other veggies such as spinach, kale, tomatoes, and others.
1 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 cups thinly sliced carrot
2 stalks fresh scallion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp fresh crushed pepper
3 large eggs
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/3 cup grated cheese
- In one bowl, stir together broccoli, carrot, oil, garlic, half of scallion and half of ground pepper. Pour into the pan heated without oil. Roast them for about 15 minutes or until half cooked.
- Stir together eggs, flour and remaining scallion and pepper.
- Lay out roasted veggies into bottom part of pie plate. Put in egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven around 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Crunchy bakeless low-sugar granola bars
These crunchy granola bars will be easy and quick to make for heart healthy diet plan. Its taste is just like fibrous kind of baked products you can find at the local store. Your family will ask for more.
1 cups rolled oats
1 cups low-fat granola cereal
1 cups crispy brown rice cereal
2 tbsp chopped almonds
½ cup mixed dried fruits
½ cup honey
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup choco chips
2 tbsp canola oil or olive oil
1 tsp vanilla powder
- In a bowl, stir together granola, brown rice cereal, rolled oats, chopped almonds, and dried fruits; put to one side.
- In a saucepan, stir in honey, peanut butter, canola oil, and vanilla over low- heat and heat up around 6 mins or until mix well.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture, mixing until coated. Press mixture into evenly greased pan. Push mixture down firmly with baking paper. Cover it up and let it cool totally in the pan in fridge at least 1 – 2 hour before cutting it into few bars.
Rice pancakes with Raisin
These pancakes are chewy and savory for breakfast, even mid-morning snack, or any meal for heart healthy diet plan, as the extra taste and texture from the rice makes these flapjacks unique. Ensure to freeze up any extras or whip up some added bunches to savor during the week.
1 cup rice, rinsed
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup low-fat Skim 1% milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup raisins or dried mixed fruits
- In saucepan, spread rice with water and heat to the point of boiling. Cover it up, reduce heat into the low and stew for around 45 mins, or until rice is tender and greater part of water is vapored. Drain remaining water and put it in large dish. Let it cool.
- In another bowl, mix in flour, honey, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add in rice and stir well.
- In small bowl, stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla, pour it over flour and rice mixture, and stir well until soft and blended. Stir in raisins or dried mixed fruits.
- Heat up large skillet over medium heat. Scoop batter in a medium ladle onto skillet and press it a little. Turn once to the other side and cook for 5 to 6 mins on each side, or until brown. Do it again with remaining batter. Serve with chopped fresh fruit or sugar-free yogurt.
Healthy guacamole with crackers
It is certainly super duper fast and easy recipe for heart healthy diet plan. You can serve this dips with crunchy veggies, spoon into a wrap or serve as a snack with crackers, chips, or biscuits.
2 ripe avocados
1 tbsp limejuice
1/8 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp red onion, thinly chopped
2 fresh red chillies, thinly chopped
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
5 ripe cherry tomatoes
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
10 non-salt crackers
- In a bowl, crush avocado by using a fork.
- Stir in cumin, cilantro, limejuice, red onion, red chillies, tomatoes, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Move it to serving dish and serve with crackers.
Mixed Veggie fritters
Beside these fritters are ideal for heart healthy diet plan, they are kid-friendly snack and full of nutrients that you can easily grab it in between meals.
1/3 cup cabbage, thinly chopped
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup bean sprout
1/3 cup leeks, thinly chopped
1 cup self-raising flour
2 garlic clove, minced
1 eggs, lightly beaten
5 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir in mixed veggies in a large bowl. Fold in flour and egg, and mix well.
- Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon the batter to preheated frying pan. Do it again to make more fritters. Fry for about 7 mins each side or until golden brown. Remove it to a plate layered with paper towel. Do again with remaining batter.
- Serve fritters with cayenne pepper or your favorite dippings.
Steamed Banana Rice Cake
You might always have leftover rice, but you can turn it into yummy but heart healthy snack plus one more solution for your hungry kids.
There are various flavors of steamed rice cake. However, this time I will present a new variant of steamed banana rice cake with shredded coconut sprinkles. Overall, this recipe is also perfect for your heart healthy diet plan.
1 cup leftover rice
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup rice flour
½ cup honey (add more if you like sweet flavor)
½ tbsp instant yeast
2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup banana, small diced
½ cup shredded coconut
- First put in rice, water, and honey into a blender, blend them until smooth.
- Put all remaining ingredients in a bowl except for shredded coconut, and then add in rice mixture.
- Mix well and let it stand half an hour.
- Pour it into muffin batch, steam until cooked evenly.
- Cut and serve it with shredded coconut on top.
Non-Flour Sweet Potato Muffins
These are heart healthy, soft, and fluffy muffins with secret ingredient of hidden veggie – sweet potato! These flourless muffins need only one bowl and are bursting with protein, fiber and need less than 20 mins for preps. As gluten-free, vegan, and low sugar in natural, it is the best healthy snack to savor for your heart healthy diet plan!
2 ½ cups gluten free oat flour (gluten free oats ground and mix into all purpose flour)
½ cup palm sugar (you can swap with honey, or else, sugar free baking to keep sugar free)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup steamed sweet potato, mashed
1 cup dairy free milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tsp nut butter of choice, melted
Mixed nuts, raisin, and dried fruits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins with oil cooking spray, set aside.
- In a bowl, stir in dry ingredients and mix them well.
- In another bowl, whip milk, vanilla extract, and egg. Transfer into dry mixture, and then add in mashed sweet potato. Stir in melted nut butter and mix them very well until the batter is set.
- Using a ladle, pour in batter into muffin tin until almost full. Top with added cinnamon and mixed nuts, raisins, and dried fruits, bake for 30 – 35 mins, or golden brown.
- Take it out from oven and let it set around 5 – 7 mins prior to remove and let it cool.
Choco Banana Loaves with Dried Fruits
Are you trully banana lover? Then, never miss this super tasty, real fluffy and smooth, rich with banana flavor, very fast and easy, trouble-free banana loaf recipe. It is surely ideal snack for heart healthy diet plan.
Bananas are brimming with nutrients, vitamin, and fibre, yet once they get too ripened and squashy, nobody would want to touch or even eat them. Well, secret ingredient of this heart healthy recipe is overripe bananas. You can freeze up and heat up banana loaves. Prepare more batches and stock up in the fridge in case you need some express snack for other moments. Make your banana loaf more fun by put in more choco chips, toasted nuts and mixed fruits to the batter for a new yummy variation of heart healthy diet plan.
3 large, very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
½ cup mixed dried fruits, choco chips, raisins, and nuts
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
¼ cup fat-free plain yogurt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
Canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Grease loaf pan with canola oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whip in flours, honey, brown sugars, baking soda, and baking powder until mix well.
- In another medium bowl, mix together canola oil, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla, then stir in mashed banana, dried fruits, raisin, choco chips, raisins, and nuts to mix well.
- Stir in wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just set. Pour in batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until goldren brown, for about 60 – 65 mins. Let it cool, and then remove bread out of loaf pan onto serving plate.