How effective is Speech Therapy for Autism?
To begin with, the severity of issues related to speech and communication may vary from person to person. Providing speech therapy to children with Autism can help address and deal with the issues related to speech and language.
Common communication and speech problems related to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Inability to talk
- Utter throaty, harsh sound, shrieks, cries, and grunts
- Talk or hum musically
- Babble, even when children of their similar age have already started speaking words
- Use robotic speech or foreign-sounding words
- Echolalia, it is a symptom in which a person meaninglessly repeats what the other person is saying
- Using correct words and sentences but with an inexpressive pitch and voice tone