Dogs love treats – that’s a fact. With all their devoted love and affection they deserve the best! Homemade dog treats are just one of the many rewards we can give our furry little friends. Here’s a few great and easy all-natural CBD infused dog treat recipes that you can do at home that your dog will surely love!
Why Use CBD?
As you may have heard of by now, adding Cannabidiol as a cooking ingredient is a naturally healthy way to improve your overall health and wellness. CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid derived from cannabis and hemp, and you should opt for hemp-derived CBD to reassure that you’re getting an adequate amount of high CBD and little to zero trace of THC, the constituent responsible for creating psychoactive highs. That means you get the full therapeutic benefits of cannabidiol for conditions such as:
- Improving mood, appetite, and digestion
- And many more
So How Does CBD Actually Work?
As mammals, we have this body system called the Endocannabinoid System, or the ECS. As it’s name persists, the ECS is made out of, well, cannabinoids. The exact same cannabinoids found in the hemp plant – and that’s the exact reason why CBD works wonders. The cannabis is such a versatile plant because of all of the 100+ different phytocannabinoids working together, giving the plant one heck of an immune system.
When it comes to dogs and humans (yes, you can use CBD too!), these cannabinoids found in hemp work synergistically with our own endocannabinoids by activating them, encouraging homeostasis and overall improving our general health while pinpointing specific conditions like those listed earlier.
Getting Down and Dirty With Hemp Dog Treats For Puppies
An important reminder to take note of when making treats, is that you need to be sure that you are using enough CBD in your recipe to actually get the benefits. Doing this is going to require a bit of math, so let’s take this for example:
For example, we’ll take one cup of peanut butter (or whatever oil you’ll using) and take 250 mg of Cannabidiol. You’ll have 250 mg of CBD in your entire recipe. Then, simply divide the total amount of mg into the number of servings you made and you’ll get the CBD per serving. A total of 10 servings is equivalent to 25 mg per treat.
When making your own homemade CBD treats, it’s important to remember that the boiling point for cannabis should never go above 35 6°F, otherwise the active constituents will begin to evaporate. The ideal temperature for cooking with CBD should stay between 320°F to 356°F only.
We highly suggest that you infuse your oil into some type of fat before using it in a recipe that requires cooking or heat. It’s pretty easy to do, simply heat the fat/oil/butter in low heat and gently stir in your CBD hemp oil. Once infused together, store in a clean container in a cool and dark place as light or sunlight can degrade the cannabis oil.
These hemp dog treats for dogs are perfect if your dog absolutely loves peanut butter and can’t get enough of it!
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Dog Biscuits
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon 100% Organic CBD Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 325°.
- We’ll be using coconut oil to infuse with CBD in our treats in this recipe. So go ahead and mix together a tablespoon of coconut oil with how many mg of cannabidiol you would like to your per treat dosage to be.
- Mix together oats into a blender until you get a flour-like consistency. Then, combine 1 ripe banana, mashed, along with peanut butter and the infused coconut oil. Stir this together with the oats and knead thoroughly until moistened.
- Slightly dust a flat surface with dough, then use your hands to shape the dough into a circle, about ¼ thick inch. Use a cookie cutter (this can be any shape or size!) and cut out the treats. Place the cut outs on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden-brown for approximately 25 – 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the treats. With the measurements included in this recipe, you can make about 30 treats for 1-inch thick treats or 15 for 2-inch treats.
Frozen Yogurt Peanut Butter Dogsicles
Here’s another simple no-bake recipe you can give your dog using frozen yogurt. It’s the perfect snack to help your pet cool down when a hot summer day comes knocking at your door.
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 32 ounces of vanilla yogurt
- High-grade industrial hemp oil
- Melt the peanut butter in a microwavable-safe bowl.
- Combine vanilla yogurt, CBD oil and the melted peanut butter together
- Stir gently and thoroughly until it becomes an even mixture
- Pour into cupcake papers or silicone trays
- Place in the freezer until completely solid
Readily Hemp Infused Dog Treats
Sometimes we just need those ready-made dog treats handy to give our pups their daily dose of supplements. Homemade treats often have a shelf-life lasting about 3 – 5 days but ready made biscuits can last much longer and you can grab them conveniently when needed. You can also get them in a variety of flavors, including enticing flavors such as steak, turkey, bacon and a lot more depending on what your ball of fluff likes.
The thing is, with so many different products available on the market, how do you choose what to buy? Some products aren’t exactly as healthy as they claim to be, and sometimes CBD infused products aren’t actually infused with CBD.
That’s why you should be mindful of the ingredients included on various products. When looking for the best dog treat, opt for a 100% Natural and Grain Free product containing organic hemp extract. These Hemp Dog Treats by Innovet are gaining a reputation for deliciously baked treats with just the right amount of hemp extract for your pets. Innovet products were created for the sole purpose of providing your pets absolute quality and safe-grade edibles for your pet’s health and wellness.
Read More Recipes: