There are several factors causing body odor. First, it is caused by bacteria on our skin which then spreads some unpleasant smell. Microorganisms like corynebacterium, Staphylococcus hominis, Propionibacteria, and Staphylococcus epidermidis usually live and multiply in moist condition and heat. As the sweat gland becoming overactive, it can cause some chemical reaction. Body odor can also occur from foods we usually consume, stress, dirt, lack of hygiene and alcohol drinking. Health problems like diabetes, liver, and obesity.
Having body odor is normal. However, it can be problem when the condition bothers you and especially people around you. People suffering from chronic body odor have several symptoms like excessive sweating, weight loss, night sweat, and cold hands.
Fortunately, we can overcome the body odor problem by doing practical ways and natural formula. It contains useful substance which prevents the bacteria from growing. It can also reduce abnormal sweating.
We can get the formula presented in this article from your surrounding. The formula is feasible, simple, and it has no side effect.
- Rosemary: Rosemary is not only good for food, but also for overcoming body odor. It hinders the growth of bacteria causing unpleasant smell on our skin. Its menthol and chlorophyll work like deodorant, that is,minimizing body odor. Menthol gives freshness on to your body and can be used as relaxation agent.
The nice natural aroma of rosemary makes your body smells better. Its fragrance lasts for hours so you can do any activity you want with confidence.
We can get rosemary at grocery store or market. We can use rosemary for bathing. Pour one-half cup of dried rosemary into about a liter of hot water. Let them for about ten minutes, then mix the water to your bath water. Soak in the rosemary-blended water for fiteen minutes to half an hour. We can bath in rosemary brew once in the morning or twice a day, morning and evening.
For more practical and faster way, use rosemary essential oil. Blend ten drops of rosemary oil with a cup of water then use it as deodorant.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice contains substance that can balance skin’s pH level. When the pH is balanced, then it will be difficult for bacteria to replicate. Lemon is relatively easy to get. It is available at almost all of vegetable market.
To make lemon juice, cut the lemon into two halves or any portion you need. Rub the smaller cut of lemon to rub your underarms. Let it dry for about ten minutes.
For more sensitive skin, you can add some water then apply the brew on your armpit. Wait for 10 minutes, then rinse your skin with clean water. You have to do it regularly to get better result.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is well-known to reduce body odor. It can absorb excessive sweat and leave your body drier and fresher. It can also prevent bacteria from growing.
Just like the previous remedies, you can easily get baking soda at markets. Mix baking soda with lemon oil. Then applied it onto your skin where sweat usually occurs. Leave the mixed formula for about five minutes. After that, wash it with water or take a bath.
You can also mix baking soda with cornstarch. Apply it underarms before you begin your activity and use it on dry skin. The blend of baking soda and cornstarch can prevent sweating and reduce body odor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Another natural anti-bacterial agent can be found in apple cider vinegar. It works by reducing body odor and and balancing skin’s pH.
There are three ways of using apple cider vinegar to naturally prevent body odor. The first is by soaking cotton ball in the liquid then rub it on your armpits. Wait for some minutes before taking a bath. So this ritual twice a day for maximum effect. Another way is to mix a cup of apple vinegar to lukewarm bath water. Soak your body in this formula for about ten minutes everyday. The last but not least, you can consume the apple vinegar by adding two teaspoons of it with a little honey and a glass of warm water. Drink it three times a day before meals.
- Witch Hazel: The way witch hazel works is rather similar to baking soda: absorb sweat. It also lower skin pH so it will not easily moist. Therefore, the bacteria will not easily grow. It is because witch hazel has astringent-like agent.
It is easy to apply witch hazel. Prepare a small cup of witch hazel. Then, soak a cotton ball in it. apply it in our armpits. Do this every time you need. Witch hazel will work like antiperspirant.
- Turnips: Turnips contains antibacterial agent to prevent body odor. They also have several other nutrition to overcome the odor problem. Their vitamin C is useful to accelerate the medication process.
Applying turnips is easy. Prepare some turnips, then cut them in to small pieces. After that, blender the herb until it forms a kind of paste. Then, extract the paste to make turnip juice. After its ready, apply the formula onto your armpits and/or groin area. Leave it dry and then rinse it with warm water. Do this step at least once a day in the morning. It is said that the effect of the formula lasts for ten hours.
- Sage: This plant is famous for its nice smell. No wonder that it can reduce body odor. The way it works is by minimizing gland activity. It works as anti bacteria.
Blend sage, lavender, and coriander essential oil along with witch hazel extract. Put the blended formula into a spray bottle. Use it as daily deodorant. It can lasts for some hours as long as you don’t do extreme activity.
Take some dried sage and then dip it into a liter of hot water. Leave the liquid dry, then use it to rinse your armpits twice a day.
If you like, you can drink brewed sage twice a day. You cannot increase the dose, because it may cause some irritation or allergic.
How? Which one do you prefer? The key to cure your health problem is by do it regularly everyday, in considerable duration.
Image source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lifeunfold/17958754222/
1 thought on “About Body Odor and How to Get Rid of Naturally”
Discover the natural beauty benefits of coconut oil for your hair, skin, and face.
Comments are closed.