Quick Breakfast Taco
Smaller type of burrito, which is the breakfast taco made with secret ingredients of non-fat cheddar cheese and eggs, is a satisfying and healthy meal for kids. You could also go for similar ingredients by adding homestyle potatoes, veggies, sausage, or bacon.
2 corn tortillas
2 beaten eggs
1 tbsp salsa
1 medium tomatoes, sliced
2 tbsp shredded non-fat Cheddar cheese
- Top off tortillas with salsa and cheese. Heat up in microwave until cheese melts, around 40 seconds.
- In the meantime, smear a skillet with cooking spray. Heat up over medium-low, stir in beaten eggs, and sliced tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until eggs are cooked through, around 2 mins. Split evenly scrambled egg between the tacos. Serve it.
Easy Chocolate Croissants
You can certainly prepare these superfast plus healthy meals for kids within just 20 mins. You will only spend a few mins in combining them from chilled crescent rolls and choco chips before popping them in the oven to bake. You can swap the choco chip with chopped choco bars or your favourite spread.
8 ready-made chilled crescent rolls
1/2 cup low-sugar choco chips or chopped choco bars
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Split up the ready-made crescent rolls and pull it out into 8 triangles. Place a few pieces of choco chips on bottom of each triangle and roll dough up around the choco.
- Remove croissants to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until golden brown, around 12 to 15 mins. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Honey Lemon Apple Tart
This healthy meal for kids is very effortless to prepare, but looks striking. It is the perfect meal to celebrate your kids’ daily achievements, or for no reason at all. Neat rows of thinly sliced, overlapping apples are the secret ingredient to this healthy meal for kids that seem intricate to make, yet it just requires five ingredients: frozen puff pastry, egg, apples, sugar, and honey lemon apple jam. You can swap the jam with your most favourite jam. However, it is worthwhile to prepare this special breakfast for your kids.
1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
1 large egg
3 tbsp sugar
3 small apples
¼ cup honey lemon apple jam
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spread out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using rolling pin, flatten into a round shape. Cut a strip from each side.
- Place round pastry on coated baking sheet. Lightly graze the top with beaten egg. Put the strips on edges to form tart and trim to fit. Poke the bottom of pastry all over using a fork.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. Set it up overlapping in a single layer on tart bottom. Grease pastry edge with beaten egg. Spread with a dash of sugar all over pastry and apples.
- Bake for around 25 to 30 mins until pastry is puffed and golden, and apples are getting tender. Remove to serving tray. Brush apples with melted jam. Serve it warm.
Cheesy Beans Morning Burritos
These Cheesy Beans Morning Burritos are brimming with protein and nutrients your active kids will require for starting the day. You can also guacamole and chips to this healthy meal for kids for an easy quick breakfast.
4 large eggs
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp butter
½ cup fat-free beans, refried
¼ cup salsa
2 flour tortillas
½ cup non-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
Non-fat sour cream to serve
Chopped fresh cilantro to serve
- Whisk eggs and water in small bowl until well mixed.
- Heat up a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add in butter until melted. Stir in egg mixture into skillet and scramble it. Cook for around 2 to 4 mins or until cooked well; discharge from heat and keep it warm.
- Lay out refried beans and salsa on tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking pan and put into microwave. Cook every burrito uncovered on High for 40 to 60 seconds or until tortilla and beans are very warm and cheese is going to melt.
- Put scrambled egg on center of tortilla. Fold it carefully. Serve with sour cream and cilantro or your favourite toppings.
Blueberry Butter Coffeecake
This butter coffeecake topped with blueberries will inspire us to set up healthy meals for kids. As this is easy and quick recipe, you can ideally whip up superfast and serve it warm. As blueberries are hard to get, you can swap it with other berries for their sweet flavor and juicy flavor.
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tbsp non-salt butter, melted
3 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
1 tsb white coffee powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Icing sugar for serving
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees. Coat a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs one by one to mix well.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, white coffee powder, and salt in another bowl. Add in flour mixture and beat until well mixed. Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Spread blueberries evenly over the top. Bake until set and golden brown, for around 45 mins. Let it cool for a moment, and then discharge from pan. Sprinkle with dash of icing sugar to serve.
Chocolate Banana Waffles: Trouble-free and Non-Allergen!
These healthy meals for kids mix up in one bowl and naturally sweet with a little mashed banana in the batter. The resulting flavor of chocolate and banana combination is self-indulgent, but the mixture of whole grain flours and least added saturated fat keeps them very light and moist. You can top off with a little more banana and maple syrup or honey, but you could go in almost any way, adding berries or whipped cream on top, drizzling on some warm nut butter, or even topping with a few chocolate chips, anything you like.
3/4 cup flour, buckwheat
1/4 cup non-sugary cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup skim milk
- Add in dry ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Melt and cool coconut oil. Stir in wet ingredients to make a thick batter.
- Heat up waffle iron and cook in about 1/2-cup servings.
- Cook until brown. Serve it.
Breakfast Bread Pudding
If you love making healthy meals for kids but cannot stand if you must get up at crack of dawn to prepare it, so you can try to make this tasteful breakfast casserole and freeze up during the night, then bake it in the morning.
8 large eggs
2 cup skim milk
1 cup French or Italian bread, coarsely chopped
2 cup frozen artichoke hearts
¾ cup leftover or thick-cut ham
¾ cup goat cheese
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
1 bunch Swiss chard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with cooking oil.
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in onion, season with salt and pepper. Cook and cover it up, stirring occasionally, for 4 mins. Add in chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally, about 4 mins.
- Stir in chard and cook until just wilted, around 3 mins.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Add in chopped bread and let it set, tossing occasionally, around 5 mins.
- Fold in chard mixture, artichokes, and ham into bread mixture, and then add in goat cheese. Discharge mixture to the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with grated Parmesan, and bake until set, for 45 to 50 mins. Serve with salad, if desired.
Mango Breakfast Parfait
This is an ideal, stuffing healthy meals for kids. If you want to use plain instead of vanilla yogurt, just stir in 1/8 tsp vanilla extract.
¾ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
¼ cup soymilk
½ cup mango, diced
½ cup peaches, diced
¼ cup banana, sliced
1/3 cup low-fat granola
- Put in peaches, mango, banana, yogurt, and soymilk to small food processor or blender andpulse until smooth.
- Spoon over into serving glass and top with granola. Ready to serve.
Dairy-Free Creamy Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
To be frankly, this healthy meal for kids tastes incredible! You can use almond milk and coconut milk yogurt to keep it dairy free smoothie. As a great substitute of Greek yogurt, this smoothie is very thick and creamy. Serve it cold with fun straws for your kids!
1 ½ cup non-sugar almond milk
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 medium banana
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp maple syrup, pure
- Mix all ingredients until smooth using a blender.
- Add ice as well if you love a cold, foam-covered shake.
Happy breakfast cooking!