Life is beautiful, Isn’t it? And nobody wants to suffer from unnecessary problems and see themselves in trouble.
At present, your vital organs may be working well, what if they don’t function properly in future? So, don’t take your health for granted and take proper care of your body.
So how do you define good health? Good health isn’t just about healthy eating and exercise — it’s also about having a positive attitude, a positive self-image, and a healthy lifestyle.
Mentioned below are the tips you can follow to live a healthier life.
- Drink more water. Ever thought about the amount of water you drink during the entire day? Most of us don’t drink enough amount of water every day. Not everyone knows, but over 60% of our body is made up of water. Water is mandatory for our body to carry out important functions. We lose water daily from our bodies in the form of urine, sweat etc. and hence it is important that we replenish our water intake.
- Get enough sleep. Folks these days have a habit of staying up late till night and busy fiddling with their phones. One should always sleep on time and take proper rest. And once you take a proper sleep you are all set for a new day, All Fresh and Healthy. Also lack of sleep causes premature aging and I am sure nobody wants that.
- Pick exercises you enjoy. Children love sports. Add variations in your exercises. This will keep the blood flow normal and will help you stay healthy. If not an exercise, then one can always get up early in the morning for a walk or do some yoga.
- Work out different parts of your body. Do a proper workout. Don’t just do running or walking. The simplest way to stay healthy is to engage yourself in sports. Sports include basketball, football swimming etc.
- Eat fruits. This is the most important fact. You should always have a proper diet. Eating fruits is good for health. It keeps you healthy and gives you a flawless skin. Fruits include a lot of vitamins and minerals. There are varieties of fruits out there in the market. If not bananas or apples, one can always go for pineapples and strawberries.
- Love yourself. How much do you love yourself? You should always love yourself the way you are. Folks these days are always conscious about their looks. If your diet is good obviously your looks will be good too. Eat healthy, Stay healthy. You will develop a good body image automatically.
- Breathe. Deeply. Oxygen is vital for life. You may know how to breathe, but are you breathing properly? Most of us don’t breathe properly — we take shallow breaths and breathe to 1/3 of our lung capacity. Athletes are coached proper breathing techniques to get their best performance. A full breath is one where your lungs are completely filled, your abdomen expands, and there’s minimum movement in your shoulders.
- Stop eating when you feel full. Food food and food. Tasty food and we are hungry. This is the reason why people happen to overeat and fall sick. Eat only if your stomach allows to. Don’t just keep on eating because the smell of the food can’t stop you from eating it or your plates are empty. Eat healthy food and your stomachs will be full automatically. Listen to your gut and learn when it’s time to stop!
- Cut down on deep-fried food. Say no to oily food. Once or twice in a month is fine but being habitual to deep fried foods in injurious to health. This is the reason why people have increase in cholesterol. Go for food prepared using healthier methods instead, such as grilled, steamed, stir-fried, or even raw food. Reduce your intake of fast food, fries, doughnuts, chips, wedges, and deep-fried food.
- Learn to say no. Don’t eat just because you’re out with friends or because other people offer you food. Simply say no and say you’re not hungry if you don’t feel like eating. Read: How to Say No
- Bring a water bottle when you go out. Always carry a water bottle with yourself. Not only it saves money but you can drink it whenever and wherever you want to. That way, you can drink whenever you want.
- Eat what you need. It is better to eat less and in line with your energy needs, rather than eat excessively and work off excess calorie intake through exercise. When you eat excessively, you strain your digestive system by making it digest more food than you need, and when you exercise excessively, you strain your body.
- Stop smoking. As mentioned on the cigarette packets, Smoking is injurious to health, severely increases the risk of lung cancer, kidney cancer, heart attack, and more. Quit smoking! If not for yourself but for your family. Smoking increases the probability of dying soon.
- Avoid passive smoking. Precaution is always better than cure. Second-hand smoking causes many of the same long-term diseases as direct smoking Get away from smokers and avoid cigarette smoke where you can.
- Have healthy snacks. Eat healthy food always. A single cheat day is okay but not every day. If you are hungry at work you can always eat fruits, Drink juices or eat yogurts. If you’re hungry at work, eat healthy snacks like fruits, vegetable juices, and yogurts. Also these are always available easily. Hungry, go grab one and eat.
- Go for routine checkups. Some diseases don’t show up in terms of symptoms until it is too late. Blood tests for blood sugar, vitamins, and minerals, along with urine tests are standard tests you can take. More elaborate tests like mammograms (for women), PAP smear (for women), colonoscopy, etc. should be done at the recommended intervals. If the test results are not optimal, it means that you can quickly take corrective action. If they are great, that’s fantastic and you can have a peace of mind.
- Get out more often. If you have a 9-5 job, chances are you spend much of your time holed up in the office and not a lot of time going out and having fun. During weekends, you’re probably busy with work or running errands. Make a point to go out with your friends at least once a week. Get some sun. Go out and have a change of environment. It’ll be great for your body and soul.
- Exercise good dental hygiene. Who doesn’t likes to have a good smile? Not only does good hygiene make you a lot more desirable, but it is linked to better health. Brush your teeth twice a day, rinse your mouth after each meal, and floss your teeth at night.
Millions of people are living with bad credit – and millions of people have medical emergencies. What if you have poor credit and unpaid medical bills? If you are in this situation, there are patient financing companies which offers financing via medical loans for bad credit. Unexpected medical costs can threaten your financial stability and getting a medical loan now allows you to control your finances – before the bills become overwhelming.